Saturday, December 11, 2010

Call Me Slacker


This photo does not serve a purpose.

I know, I know ... I've been so bad about keeping up with the blog. But I have a few excuses. And they're good ones.

First ... I started a new job. A job where I'm actually busy all day long. Professional productivity - welcome to my life :) You've been missed. Also, I work for the semi-important and very corporate proverbial "Man" who prefers that I keep my iPhone tucked neatly away in my purse. And I keep my internet browsing to a ... well ... no browsing at all. But you know what's wonderful? I don't even have the time to THINK about perusing blogs or Facebook. Isn't that lovely?! I think it is.

So you see, my friends ... when I get home at night, all I wanna do is take off my very-important-business-lady slacks, snuggle with Husband, and watch the Discovery channel. And maybe read some blogs (if I feel like staring at a computer screen some more). AND we've also joined the local Y. And we go every other evening. I on the treadmill. Brian in the pool. And then we come together for some lifting. I love to lift. I wish lifting burned as many calories and had the same heart-healthy effects as aerobic exercise. I also wish lifting didn't make me look like this:

Woof.
That's right. You'd forgotten about this photo, hadn't you? Well I haven't. I actually think I should include this photo in my resume and add the following:

EXPERIENCE
BUCKNELL UNIVERSITY - VARSITY WEIGHT ROOM                                  2003-2007
Student-Athlete/Beast 
- Responsible for growing and sustaining Trapezius, Deltoids, Latissimus Dorsi, Flexor carpi ulnaris, Pectorals, Biceps and Triceps  
- Assigned to elite squat team by program leadership
- Proficient in tire flips, lunges, pull-ups and grunting
- Recognized for excellence in Lat Pull-down exercise

Anyway ... I feel like I have quite a few things to say but nothing is very important. Here are the highlights:

1. I like my job. It's very different, but so far so good. I have my very own cubicle and phone extension. And I've already started decorating.

Not me.
2. My boyfriend Sidney Crosby is on fire. Must be the Creep 'Stache™:


3. I'm already sick of winter. This is not a surprise to anyone.

 5. Brian wants to join the Masters Team. Swimming back in my life in 3 ... 2 ...
 

6. In one month I get to go to Disney World and spend a short week with some of my most favorite people. Words cannot explain my excitement.
It's almost as exciting as holding Tink in your hands.
7. Brian uses a loofah (is this emasculating?) And he needed a new one because the old one was unraveling. The only thing they had at our little grocery store was this:
 
We call him Ricky.

1 comment:

  1. Fancy schmancy job getting in the way of blogging. Boo. :) Glad you're enjoying it! love the photos from the depths :)

    Love,
    Your fellow squat sister.

    ReplyDelete